HK's Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery

Maybe because I'm Catholic and we're trained to be in awe of our churches, but I have always loved temples.

So when we visited Hong Kong, I opted to visit the Big Buddha and the Po Lin Monastery instead of going to the Ocean World. I took the MTR Tung Chung Station Exit B, then the New Lantao Bus 23 from Tung Chung Town Centre (confession: I had to research this bit since, true to form, I don't really remember much of my trip's details. Yay to me!). I visited the Giant Buddha first, then walked down to where the monastery was. The monks were praying when I got there, but I don't have any pictures since it wasn't allowed.

 Going to the monastery meant missing seeing Ocean Park's pandas and, consequently, the chance to cross off one item on my bucket list. I still think I made the right decision though.















Comments