Malaysia


The Petronas Twin Towers, of course

I recently visited Malaysia with my family. A lot of good things can be said about the country, or at least the two states I visited, Malacca and Kuala Lumpur---the food is great,  the people are nice, things are generally affordable, there are really impressive landmarks.




But the thing that really struck me about Malaysia is how well the the country's three ethnic groups seemed to be living together.  I've read about the racial tension that exists in the country, but I never really saw any indication of that when I was there. Or maybe it's only because I mostly dealt with professionals from the tourism industry and I was only there for a few days.


at the National Museum

The view from my hotel room





Near the Independence Square

Near the War Memorial

Gate to the King's new palace

in Malacca

Malacca's town square

The minaret of a mosque in Malacca





Comments