Ueno Park





First of all, I would like to apologize to my readers, all two of them, for having failed to update my blog for the past 8(?) months. Life got in the way.

One of the things that have kept me from blogging, apart from laziness, is the fact that last October, I moved to Tokyo to study for a year. Okay, I study half the time and take pictures the other half, so do expect to see a lot of posts about Japan in the next few months.

It's spring time here now, so I thought my first Japan-related post should feature sakura. Because really, what is more Japanese than sakura, right? I really just cannot emphasize how pretty they are.





These photos were taken in Ueno Park, one of the most popular Hanami spots in the city.

Now hanami is a sakura-viewing party. What they do is troop to parks with their friends or officemates and bring their mats, food and, of course, booze and basically just hang out under the sakura trees. I have never seen so many drunk Japanese in one place in my life. hahaha.










Comments