Hitachi Seaside Park

Like any diligent incoming student, the first thing I did when I was informed that I got a scholarship to Japan was google "must-see places in Japan". Sorry, professors.

Anyway, one of the places that really caught my attention was the Hitachi Seaside Park. While I am not a very girly person and I've never really liked being given flowers (dear future dates: CDs trump flowers any time), I knew that I had to go to this park because of this:



Hills covered in small blue flowers! I was smiling like an idiot the whole time I was there.





The flowers are called "nemophila" according to Japanese friend (and we should believe him because he's a biologist) and they are soooo pretty. The park, which is located in Ibaraki Prefecture, also has a lot of tulips and other flowers whose names I really cannot remember, but the nemophila-covered hills are the main attraction. Like my aforementioned Japanese friend said, "It's like heaven."

I couldn't have said it better myself.


The tulips:





But let's go back to the blue hills 'cause they are just surreal, man:



Comments