First Time: Showa Kinen



golden

You never forget your first time.




Well at least that's the case for me and Showa Kinen, this wonderful park at the periphery of Tokyo which I consider to be the place where I first "experienced" autumn.

I arrived in Tokyo in October. While some leaves have already turned yellow or red by then, they were not enough to give this tropical island girl that Wow!-So-this-is-how autumn-looks-like feeling. Autumn, they say, always rather comes late in Central Tokyo. So since autumn wouldn't come to us, my friends and I, all from tropical countries, decided that we'd "go to autumn" instead.

It was my first time to see ginkgo trees in all their golden glory, my first full glimpse into how beautiful autumn really is. It was breathtaking.


lovers of all ages were at the park


A dad and his kid, probably dead tired from  running around the park








Comments