Why aren't Koreans fat?



Kimbap. Yes, their rice rolls have noodles in them. Carbs on carbs



So I went exploring Jeju Island and Busan on my own recently.

On the long bus rides traveling to one destination to the next, in between texting my mom to assure her that I was safe travelling alone, one thought kept bothering me: why are Koreans not fat?



 Seriously. Their dishes, apart from being amazing, are just so goddamn huge. 

A Korean I met said it's probably because of two things: one, their food are low in calories and two, they eat a lot of kimchi.

Gotta go buy me a tub of kimchi.





abalone porridge. Honestly, I only ordered this food because I always see it on my favorite Korean variety show

I had this for lunch in Udo Island---the perks of travelling by yourself. Hehe

Black pork noodles. Delicious. They must have used a kilo of noodles here. haha

Delicious grilled mackerel that was as huge as my forearm. I could only eat half of this thing so I thought this was meant to be shared, but my Korean friend says this is good for one person. haha

Bulgogi hotpot (with noodles, grilled fish, spicy beef and a whole lot of side dishes. And yes, this entire set is only for one person

manjuuuuuu

raw fish. I don't know what the fish was but it was kind of chewy

Comments