Tadaima, Tokyo

I wonder why but I only really appreciated how pretty the Tokyo Tower is in this visit. I guess it's different when you're looking at things as a tourist haha


I found myself greeted by a surprising but welcome sight as I made my way out of Narita Airport last November: snow. I thought it was funny. I came to Tokyo to see the autumn leaves, and here I was seeing the first "November snowfall" the area has experienced in more than five decades. I guess it was a sign from the heavens that this particular trip would be special. 

Anyway...

I came to Tokyo to visit old haunts and meet old friends, and while, like the snowfall foretold, I had a truly wonderful time, I'm beginning to regret the trip  a bit. 



Because you know what the problem with Tokyo, or Japan in general, is? It ropes you in and just refuses to let you go.

Every visit feels like you're coming home, so when you leave it, it doesn't take a long time for you to start missing it. So you go back just to see, taste, and feel Tokyo again, even for just a little while. And when you leave it once more to return to wherever home actually is, after a few months, weeks or even days, you feel the same longing, but this time going back isn't just something you want to do, it's something you need. It's an endless and bittersweet cycle of leaving and returning, and you're trapped.

Golden ginko




Isn't she cute?


busiest crossing in the world

shinto wedding

Comments