Three Coins in the Fountain






Rome is a sacred place for Catholics, with a visit there being a dream for many who practice the faith. Despite my being a believer in the Holy Trinity however, the highlight of my recent to Rome was not my visit to the Vatican. It was seeing the Trevi Fountain.




I have a special memory of this famous landmark. When I was a kid my grandfather, whom I called "Dad," used to watch this TV channel (TNT) that played old movies. I'd sit with him sometimes and one of the films I remember seeing was Three Coins in the Fountain. I can't really recall what the story was about now (except that it had to do with three girls each throwing a coin into the fountain), but I remember that I liked it and it made me want to go to Rome to see the fountain in person.

Dream come true, Dad.















Comments