Cure for Sadness


One of the Universe's gift to me during the trip


I said goodbye to a good friend recently, and it was one of the saddest days of my life.




It was sudden, brief, and on his part, I guess unexpected. It happened while I was sitting on a bus, waiting to board this ferry that would eventually take me and my friends to the Apo Reef.

That's the only good thing about this entire episode, that it happened just as I was about to go on a trip. I don't know how I would have survived if I were home alone the entire weekend instead of with friends on a beautiful island.

The three days we spent on the island was exactly what I needed. After all, there's no better distraction than paradise.

Except for the occasional moments when he would manage to creep into my thoughts, I enjoyed every moment of that trip. In three days, we saw sharks, swam alongside huge turtles, met both "Marlyn" and "Dory," was delighted by seeing a full rainbow (a first for all of us), photographed the Milky Way, and saw three glorious sunsets. It was perfect. Well, almost.

This writer once said, "The cure for anything is saltwater ---sweat, tears, or the sea." I am not totally cured yet, but I'll get there.

This was a full rainbow, my lens wasn't just wide enough to get it

Apo Reef --- now one of my favorite places in the world
  



first time to see a turtle this big and this close

Look at the stars, look how they shine for you



Comments