Kyushu Road Trip




I was in Kyushu during 2018's sweltering summer.

I promised myself that I would go on a solitary trip at least once a year, and that was to be my solo travel for 2018 . I messaged a couple of friends who live in the area in the hopes that we could meet up for dinner and drinks. What I didn't expect though, was that one of them would actually offer to accompany me the entire trip and drive me around the island for the entire time I was there.

So instead of the long solitary train or bus rides, I found myself in a car with my friend Ikumi.

This cross-prefecture road trip saw us travel from Fukuoka to Kumamoto, drive through the beautiful Aso-Kuju National Park to get to Yufuin in Oita Prefecture, then slowly make our way back to Fukuoka.

It wasn't how I expected the trip to be, but there are no complaints on my part. Because while I may have had to give up solitary train rides, I got to see Japan in a way most tourists never do.









Comments