Making friends at the Avilon Zoo

my niece made a friend


I haven't made my mind up whether or not I like zoos. On one hand, I am also thankful for zoos because without them, ordinary folks with no resources to travel to Africa, India, Australia, the Galapagos or wherever these animals' true home are would never get the chance to see the wonderful creatures up close. On the other, there is a part of me that believes what the animal activists say, that these animals should be allowed to live freely in their natural habitats and not displayed in a cage (however fancy that cage may be) for us to ogle at.


Still, I had to put whatever issue I may have with zoos aside this morning when I finally gave in to my niece who has been bugging me to take her to the Avilon Zoo in Montalban, Rizal so she could see Trixie, the zoo's trained orangutan.



Entrance to the zoo is P400 (some kids, depending on their height, are charged P300). You can find directions to the Avilon Zoo here




my niece saying "hello"

my first time to see a white monkey



one of my all-time favorite photos

Trixie, the star




Comments