Grand Bicol Getaway: Living the Good Life in Tugawe







Epic trips during the Holy Week break is becoming somewhat of a tradition among my friends and I now. Whereas last year we toured Vietnam and Cambodia (you can read my Ho Chi Minh post here and my Cambodia post here), this year, we went local and toured my home region: Bicol.

We started off in Caramoan, which most people probably know as the location of Survivor US/France/Israel/Belgium/Norway/Sweden/Mars.





This is the second time I've actually visited this lovely group of islands. During my first visit, we stayed at Rex Inn. The place was nothing fancy, just a clean and safe room to come home to after a day of island hopping. The downside of it though was the Inn was located in the town, not in front of the beach. That means that after coming home, you're pretty much stuck in your room for the entire night.

Still, the place, especially for its price, was good enough. In fact, I was seriously considering staying there again until I accidentally stumbled upon a photo  of Tugawe Cove beach resort.

Now if Rex Inn is an "okay" resort, then Tugawe is just, well, it's so great that I'm actually making a blog post just for it. Granted, the resort's rates are considerably more expensive than that of Rex's (we paid Php7,500 per person, and this included the meals, island hopping, use of their kayaks and boat transfers), but if you stay here, you just won't get a white sand beach with calm turquoise waters, you'll also get a mountain, a lake, luminous plankton, an infinity pool, a lighthouse and your own personal butler. Facundo!


Tugawe Cove Resort--- go!


million-dollar view from the restaurant

the cabana where we stayed in









Comments