Escaping to Takeda Castle



I went on a solo trip for the first time in my life.

I've thought about going on a summer backpacking trip as early as last winter, but I thought things would not push through and I've actually come to terms with the fact that I would be spending the entire summer holed up in Tokyo.

Then things happened and I felt like I needed to get out of Tokyo to have some time alone to think stuff through. So without any prior planning whatsoever, I pushed through with the trip.

My first destination was the Takeda Castle.





They call Takeda Castle the "Castle in the Sky" because there are days when the castle (well, castle ruins to be more precise) gets enveloped in clouds, making it look like it really sprouted out of the clouds. I wasn't so lucky to see the structure enveloped in clouds that day (they say this really just happens during autumn), but it was still a lovely sight to behold.

Truth be told, I do not usually enjoy going to mountains as I am more of a beach girl myself. This particular trip was different though. Maybe it was the beauty of the place, the quietness and stillness of the surroundings while I was hiking up, or just how different everything looked like from what I usually saw in Tokyo, but I felt like this trip was exactly what I needed.

on the train on the way to Takeda

I love bridges



summer



I also love trains and tracks

Comments