Beautiful Sagada


beautiful, I know

I was planning to write about Tottori so I can finally complete my posts on the solo trips I took in Japan. Looking at the photos and thinking about what happened to me during the trip, however, made me terribly miss, um, Japan so I scrapped that plan and will talk about one of my favorite places in the Philippines instead.




With 7,107 islands, it is easy to forget that there are non-beach tourist spots in the Philippines. But believe me, there are. Intramuros, the rapids of Cagayan de Oro, Mt. Apo, Mayon Volcano, Baguio, Banaue, Kalinga, Mt. Kanlaon, Los Banos, Binondo --- and these are just the places I can think of at the top of my head. I'm sure any Filipino can add at least one place to this list.

Anyway, this post is about one of the attractions in the Philippines that go beyond the sand and surf. It is, quite frankly, also one of the most beautiful places in the country: Sagada.

Sagada is one of those places you want to visit more than once, not because it has a particularly large number or tourist spots (I think you can cover all its attractions in two days) but because it just has this ability to draw you in. You'll know what I am talking about when you visit the place.


kids hanging out at the falls

one of my most favorite photos

Saturday market


fog

the hanging coffins

with some of the people who joined the tour. I didn't want to post this (especially since it was the guide who took this photo), but I didn't have a choice. 

*I wish I had better photos from the trip, but I lost all my photos from that trip when my computer crashed and when Multiply, where I used to  upload photos, shut down. The stuff you can see here were the only ones I could salvage from the web.*


Comments