Flash Trip to Hermana Menor



Every year, our office, or at least those who aren't old enough to have forgotten how fun office outings are, go to the beach to de-stress. This year, we planned on going to Calaguas (on a weekday of course, so we'd avoid the pandemonium in Calaguas I experienced last year). But things rarely go according to plan, do they?





Everything was set---we've paid for our accommodations, hired a van to take us to Paracale, bought the alcohol we needed (of course). And then 3 days before we were to set off, my contact person there sent a message saying there was an advisory about a low pressure area from the Coast Guard and that all boat trips to the island would most likely be prohibited. Bummer.

Never one to let bad weather prevent me from going to the beach, however, I frantically searched the internet for nice beaches near Manila and remembered the photos I saw of this island called Hermana Menor in Zambales. About an hour later, we had a boat, rooms, and a van booked. Isn't living in an archipelago with more than 7000 islands great?





yes, I got a drone




my crew

Comments