Flowers and Rain



There were three other Filipinas in my batch when I studied in Japan, and every chance we had, we would travel together. We thought, how many other opportunities to travel Japan does a girl get, right?

One of the things we wanted to do when we were there was to see wisteria flowers. We initially wanted to visit the famous wisteria tunnels in Fukuoka but ended up deciding to go to Ashikaga-shi's Flower Park, not only because it's only about an hour and a half away from Tokyo, where we lived, but it's also cheaper to go there (we were students on a budget! haha).

It rained the night before our trip, however, so plans got cancelled.

Well at least the other three girls' plan got cancelled.




Feeling restless the morning of our supposed trip, I decided to go ahead with it. There was the risk of getting rained on, but wisteria, like the blue flower hills of Hitachi Seaside Park, was on my Japan-must-see list (what can I say, I like flowers), so that was a risk I willingly took.

And yes, it drizzled a bit when I was there, but the flowers were beyond beautiful so there are no regrets on my part. Good thing, too. My friends went to the park the following week and the flowers were all but gone. Apparently, wisteria, like sakura, is as beautiful as it is fleeting.







Wisteria ice cream. It tasted like vanilla ice cream but had a pleasant flowery smell.


Comments